Logo

19756 chrysler 5 horse rings seated

A

addison brown

"my neighbor recently gave me

"my neighbor recently gave me a '75 or '76 chrysler 5 horse, that has been sitting for about 25 years, and has about 20 hours max. after cleaning carb, etc. it will turn over and run full throttle at 4000+rpm or so, but only for a couple of minutes. local guy said run it slow for a long time and pump oil through sparkplug holes, it will run for about 10 minutes the the plugs foul. how do i seat the rings, which is wat the guy said to do. thank you."

"I'm not sure what pumping

"I'm not sure what pumping oil throught the spark plug holes means, but if oil is coming out around the sparkplug base, then either the plugs are not tight enough or the head threads are stripped.

If not, your local guy's comment about seating the rings may mean they need decarboning - in which case a can of seaform in each tankful for 2 or 3 tanks will help.

I'd say he's full of something himself. If the plugs are black and the engine stalls, you most likely are running the engine too rich. Make sure you are running 50:1 fuel mix and lean out the carb mixture."

Back