Logo

Tohatsu 18hp Impeller

olmo40

Regular Contributor
"Our 99 model tohatsu 18hp jus

"Our 99 model tohatsu 18hp just chewed up an impeller ,does anyone know if this part is interchangeable with a merc Impeller from say a 15hp"

no not the two stroke 15hp me

no not the two stroke 15hp mercurys completely different motor as far as the newer four stroke 15hp mercury last one i saw had a merc gear case on it like the first year of the nissan four stroke 9.9-18 so no but the new new ones might be the same they say there re badged tohatsus but i have found small differences ( for example the accelerator pump boots are slightly different) but i dont see 15hp mercs in my area very much so im not totally sure about the 4 strokes

"Thanks ,

Found a new Tohat

"Thanks ,

Found a new Tohatsu one fitted it ,chewed out in 2 hrs of use ??? aaaagh .Small motors are not my forte,am i missing a Tohatsu trait 99 ,18hp,fully rebuilt ."

"Your problem is that you chan

"Your problem is that you changed out the impeller and did not change out what wore out the impeller in the first place. Never replace the impeller without replacing the liner and wear plate in the water pump. Get a water pump kit which is available from any Nissan or Tohatsu dealer. Also, there are two Mercury four-stroke 15's presently being offered. One is made by Tohatsu and uses the same water pump as you. The other Mercury 15 is the retarded love child of the Yamaha/Mercury hybrid and is not compatible."

"Thanks Guru ,

I didnt repl

"Thanks Guru ,

I didnt replace the liner and wear plate as they only did 5 minutes work before eating the first one.I will get another kit and try again.

All this mercury / yamaha /tohatsu mix gives me brain damage .

Regards"

Back