Logo

I need new fuel tank

W

will c

"Well I filled my boat up for

"Well I filled my boat up for the first time and it started leaking from rust holes on the top of the tank. It is an under floor type so i had to remove the floor panels to access. It is rusted and flaking pretty badly. I am not sure if it is aluminum or steel.

It is a 50 gallon tank about 40" lond and 40" and 11" tall.

Where is a good place to get a new one? at good price

I really like the price of the plastic ones, but what are the down sides, if they have any?

the foam that was put in was uneven and had pools of standing water on the tank.

thanks for any help, will"

"Will, not long ago I replaced

"Will, not long ago I replaced my fuel tank. Because of its odd shape, I could not find one made in plastic, so I got it made in aluminum.

I have used both plastic and aluminum tanks in the past. Personally I prefer plastic, but aluminum will last for many years; just make sure it is well grounded after installation and that you keep the fuel free of water.

Here is a link to the plastic tank brand I have used in the past. However, I have not found any tank with the dimensions you provided (or even close):

http://www.tempoproducts.com/products.html

If you have the fuel tank made, consider bringing the original one as a template. Make sure they install internal baffles (to minimize the free surfaces effect). Also (this is important) make sure they install the internal fuel pick-up line. I decided to check on this detail when I was about to install my new tank aluminum and found there was no pick-up line!!!! Imagine what would have happenedd had I installed it that way."

Back