Logo

Removal of Lower Unit 95 Evinrude

S

Shirley Johnston

To replace the water pump and

To replace the water pump and seals in a 9.5 evinrude year 1969 do I have to seperate the lower unit or can I accomplish this with the lower unit intact?

"Re=post I need some additiona

"Re=post I need some additional help, I pulled the lower unit off and look at the o rings seals and water pump and they do not look that bad. However i do loose all of the oil in lower unit and when I open the oil fill hole the water just runs out, and I mean mostly clear water. What will cause this to happen? If any one knows i will think you in advance. Remember one cannot catch a fish until you wet a line."

"water in the lower unit is ca

"water in the lower unit is caused by leaks, generally faulty seals or loose bolts and screws. This can be caused by all the vibration. When you put it back together, use new star washers and add a drop of "LockTite" to each bolt. Dont over-tighten them. If you have that much water in the lower unit, the end of the drive shaft and the propeller shaft may have been sitting in water for a while. It may be prudent to inspect the "transmission" while you have the lower unit off."

I have 9122r 9.5 evinrude i ju

I have 9122r 9.5 evinrude i just recently purchased. It runs good and shifts good. no problems that i can see. My question is should the water coming out of the outlet be a solid stream like a mercury or is it sprayed out. i checked the block temp while running and it checked within the limits of the manual which is approximately 145 degrees F. does this sound normal? thanks

Back