Logo

Small Clinton outboard

E

Erik Lowell

so my friend and i found an ol

so my friend and i found an old Clinton outboard in his shed and we have about nothign on ideas of where it came from or if it runs or anything.. its modle- J-9 Type 8-14-9-7-7...... if anyone has ideas of any specs or whatever that would be cool thanx for the help!

"just to clear it up i made a

"just to clear it up i made a mistake on the type #.... the number is 18-14-9-7-7, also the serial number is 82727... thanx again for any help... if possible also, e-mailing me directly would be nice.. [email protected]"

"This little Clinton is either

"This little Clinton is either a 1960 or 1961. In both years they had a serial number that was in the 80000 & up range. If the truth be known they were all made in 1960 and sold for both years. It's a (5) Horsepower, RPM Max= 4500, Bore & Stroke = 2.12" X 1.62". It's 5.72" Cubic Inch displacement, Recoil start, Weighs 30lbs, Sold new for $169.95. Hope this helps a little..Thanks..JIM"

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
smile.gif
I have a Clinton, single cylinder, air cooled kicker or trolling motor that has a square plastic hood under which you can see the engine all the way to the prop. It seems to be complete except for the starter assy. that goes on top..If you see it , it looks just like the Tanaka 1.5 engine or the gamefisher small engine. "I NEED THE STARTER ASSY. IF ANY ONE KNOWS WHERE TO FIND ONE OR HAS ONE FOR SALE" THANKS...JIM"

Back