Logo

Having trouble with 1999 Merc 150 with the alarm system

tyler

Having some trouble with the a

Having some trouble with the alarm system on my 150. It is continully going off saying there is something wrong with the oil injection. My son said it started the last time he took it out. The oil tank in the boat was low but not empty. The oil tank on the motor is completely full. I have checked the water accumulating filter and it seems fine. It also seems the motor is getting oil because it is smoking with that oil smell. Anybody have any suggestions? I would appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks

"Tyler,

You have to disconn

"Tyler,

You have to disconnect the sensors, one at a time, until you find out which one is triggering the alarm. Then you can decide if it is a false alarm or not. Until you rectify this problem, you should add some oil to the gas tank.

A false alarm is usually the float in the oil tank on the engine. Some had the magnet glued to the bottom of the float. If it becomes unglued, it will trigger the alarm. The remote tank also has a level sensor.

The pump has a rotation sensor (some models).

Tony"

"Please see my posting on 1998

"Please see my posting on 1998 200 HP Mercury.
Mark Erich
I hooked a remote tank with oil mix to the engine and ran it. I unhooked the oil line and ran it at 1500 RPM for exactly 3 mins. and collected the oil (9cc) and then open up the arm for the oil pump (make engine think it is running wide open) and collected the oil (20cc)over 3 mins.
The other alarm is from the oil cap on the engine mounted container. Disconnect the blue wire with the cap on and check with an Ohm's meter and the other probe to ground (should read no continuity) then take the lid off and the re-check, and it should read full continuity. Make sure key is on but engine not running.
If both OK, its probably the warning module "box". $$
Mark"

Back