Logo

Aq125 4cyl wont start

Got engine to start from a gas

Got engine to start from a gas can am trying to hook up the regular system.
Thanks for your help both of you.

"Hi Morten, there are a lot of

"Hi Morten, there are a lot of posts in this forum about the benefits of the Pertronix ignition system and several forum members have reported being very happy with the results. I have not heard of anyone reporting negative results, and frankly speaking I don't expect that to happen. Now, it would more challenging for me to convince you to install a Pertronix kit in your own engine, but I don't think they make one for the Yanmar diesels.
lol.gif

Any chances you will be sailing through the Canadian West Coast at some point in the not-too-distant future? Maybe that would be a good opportunity to share a few brews while we discuss important technical matters.
biggrin.gif
"

"Honestly and personally I do

"Honestly and personally I do not mind electronic ignition systems, I am quite used to it from out boards. In most cases they work, but sometimes when I read about the problems some people have installing them, two wires and some screws, I understand the need for something 'unadjustable', but defend the cost , I do not know. Perhaps I am just to 'old'!
As for Canada, I would love to go back, but I do not think my wife would follow. When I first mentioned the hole trip to my wife I even tried to mention I would like to go Alaska/Canada, but that was too far out of the limmit! I think I have to stay with my memories of some trips to Lake Louise telemark skiing, both the downhill and the back bowls, not to forget Sunshine Valley!
But when vinter comes and You stand deep in snow and ice, welcome to the sun and some 28-30C in the water year around!
PS: My sister lives in Edmonton!"

"Hi from very sunny, hot and h

"Hi from very sunny, hot and humid Florida. .

The engine is purring like a kitten. Thanks for the support all those involved.

I plan to give it a test run this weekend in Lake Santa Fe and dock it at my house for a while."

Good news and bad news!
Good

Good news and bad news!
Good - Launced the boat everything working well. Runs like a scalded dog!
Bad- took on water from the out drive as fast as the bilge could pump it out. The out drive stoped working in down possition and had to be manually raised at boat ramp.(fixed that today)
Is there any way to tighten it up and seal it without taking the whole thing apart?

hey bob your aq 125 4 cyl how

hey bob your aq 125 4 cyl how fast can you get your boat up to ? and what size is your boat ?

thanks Dennis

"Did you get the water ingress

"Did you get the water ingress between the transom shield and the transom? If so, either the 6 bolts attaching the transom shield to the boat need to be re-tightened, or your transom is rotted. The first case is easy to fix, just get a wrench and try to tighten the 6 nuts from inside the boat. But if your boat transom is rotted, then you have a serious problem that only a transom replacement can permanently cure."

Dennis it is an AQ131A. The sp

Dennis it is an AQ131A. The speedometer isn't working but i had the rpms up to 55.

"86 AQ131A - If anyone has any

"86 AQ131A - If anyone has any ideas please respond:
I was crusing across the lake and engine began running rough then ran fine. The next time I took it out it ran very rough. I removed all gas and replaced with new gas, fuel filter had some fine debrie. Removed carburator and cleaned it. Ordered new fuel pump and spark plugs. Will put those on next week. I'm perplexed!!"

Back