Logo

Force 90 POS

cybercolt

I have a force 90. So far I h

I have a force 90. So far I have had the Stator and switch box replaced. Latter found that the wrong plugs were installed (needed a Z in the model number - what ever that is just knew that the plugs were $18). Now I cannot get the engine to start. I don't want to take it back to the dealer because of the snow job that they do to me. Is there anyone out there with some good troubble shooting tips for me to track down this Stator thing and possible resolve the issue once and for all.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jason

"Jason,

What is the year an

"Jason,

What is the year and model number of your engine?

Tony"

"cybercolt:the first thing i w

"cybercolt:the first thing i would check is if you are getting spark to the cylinders.if no spark you will have to trouble shoot the system. if you like e mail me i will send you a trouble shooting guide that may [email protected]"

" Ricklonewolf: I have bought

" Ricklonewolf: I have bought the Clymer Shop Manual. This is what I am getting: Turn the key no crank (but I get a nice little click from the starter). So I will be troubble shooting the starter. The Clymer that I bought (just arrived today) has really good instructions on troubble shooting this problem. But I would like to see what you have. I'll send you an email.

Thanks,

Jason "

" jason check your battery fir

" jason check your battery first,full charge.then you will have to trouble shoot the starter.check all connections.from battery to starter.you may also check the starter relay.note above post that you replaced the stator @ switchbox,never use a weak battery or car battery on your outboard,this can lead to blowing stator's.if you need part's the best prices that i found are from www.seilermarine.com mike is a great guy . "

Back