Logo

Is there supposed to be water here

swinada

"Wel finaly I got everything f

"Wel finaly I got everything filled wit lubricants, waterhose hooked up and leg in a tub.
So i tried running water trough to see what happens.
Water started to come out of this hole. Is this normal, or what needs to be fixed?
24128.jpg
"

Some models like that have a g

Some models like that have a garden hose fitting located in that cover for flushing / running the engine.
I doubt it's a reason for concern.
If anything it's just a vent hole to help the pump housing drain back out.
As long as the engine is getting enough water I would not worry about it.
It's a good way to check that the pump is working if there is a good stream of water while the engine is running.

But I would buy a new gasket and replace the missing bolt.

That is the water discharge.

That is the water discharge. You should have one on both sides and water should come out when the engine is running.

"the fun keeps going, boats ar

"the fun keeps going, boats are for sure not cheap. Tried it out at the lake today, however it was very windy and the boat kept turning sideways towards shore, already banged up the prop before I even got started. I did have it in the water long enough to figure out if it goes in to gear, and it actually did.

Found an other leak which probably isnt supposed to be there and most likely will cause me some more grief and cost some money and time.
Could somebody tell me according to these pictures what is leaking and what needs to be replaced? Water is coming from that hole in picture 1.
24281.jpg

24282.jpg
"

Back