Logo

Manual for 1987 Indmar 351W

dsums

Does anyone have access to an

Does anyone have access to an owners manual for a 1987 Indmar 351. Either a downloadable format or if you know where it can be bought in hard format. I need the timing and other tune-up specs. The engine is in a Ski Supreme.

"The tuneup specs should be on

"The tuneup specs should be on a label on one of the valve covers. Otherwise, go to www.tmcowners.com and look for downloadable manuals. That's the Mastercraft boat owner's site and Mastercraft uses Indmar engines. There are also quite a few threads about tune ups, etc."

Thanks. I can remember seeing

Thanks. I can remember seeing a decal there at some point but it is worn off. I have a log book of everything I have done to the boat since I bought it in 1991 and I thought I had specs written down but only the various part numbers I've used.

"Look for a serial number labe

"Look for a serial number label on the oil pan or a metal tag on the motor and go to Indmar's website, then go to the "Contact Us" pulldown and ask them for the info. You'll need to include the serial number in your message.

If you can't find it in those places, it may be on the title for the boat."

"I already sent my engine info

"I already sent my engine info to Indmar and that # isn't in their records. Maybe they don't have them that far back. I have been told by a marine shop basic timing, plug gap, point gap, etc are the same as automotive. I am thinking of converting to a Pertronix kit to get rid of the points. I will keep a spare set in the boat in case the electronics ever goes. I bought an MSD blaster coil last year and I hope it is compatible with the Pertronix kit. It is your basic 40,000v coil. Thanks for your help."

"What specific info are you lo

"What specific info are you looking for? If it's just tuneup specs, timing is 6° BTDC, plug gap is .035", dwell is 26°- 34°, points gap is .026" (IIRC) but won't matter if you go to the electronic conversion kit.

As I said before, if you go to the Mastercraft boat owner's forum, the info is there since they have used Indmar motors for years."

does anyone know what prop goe

does anyone know what prop goes on a 1987 ski supreme with a 351 indmar

mine still has the factory pro

mine still has the factory prop it came with. It is an OJ 13" and I believe it is a 13 pitch as well but couldn't be sure without taking the cotter pin out and removing the nut.

"I bought a 1990 Ski Supreme a

"I bought a 1990 Ski Supreme and it has a small metal plate screwed onto the bottom at the stern. I would like to kmow if it is supposed to be there or if it was added. Because of it, the boat throws a weird wake. Anyone with iformation about this, please email me at [email protected]."

"Does anyone know? where I can

"Does anyone know? where I can find a winshield, the actual frame, and glass, on driver side, for my 87 ski supreme."

"there is a website on correct

"there is a website on correctcraft.com that advertises replacement windshields and parts. The boat on their ad looks a lot like my Ski Supreme. The website is www.marineglassspecialties.com/
Check it out. Their ad on CCF.com is on the boat maintenance page of forums."

Back