Logo

150 HP OB Merc Turns over but wonbt start

dball

"I have lots of battery (p

"I have lots of battery (parallel batteries freshly charged), good spark and clean gas mixed 50 to 1. Late getting the boat out this year and had water in the fuel last time out 2005 but until then the boat ran great."

"Check your safety lanyard kil

"Check your safety lanyard kill switch, if off or broken you can crank all day and it won't start"

"It's not the safety switc

"It's not the safety switch. It seems the gas is not getting to the carbs. I took off the fuel filter, cleaned it and gas was coming out of the line to that spot. When you press the fuel bulb gas comes gushing out of the line at the filter when I have the filter housing off. There is a module at the filter that splits one line into 3 for the 3 carbs. Does anyone know what the module is for? Could there be blockage there?"

"We have a 2000 Merc 125 with

"We have a 2000 Merc 125 with sort of the same problem. We bought the boat used with 30 hrs on it. Had the impeller changed and fuel pump rebuilt after having some stalling and hard starting issues. The other night we took it out fishing, put into the trolling mode and trolled for about 40 minutes. Suddenly it just shut off. Tried to restart and it would turn over, start and die immediately. Couldn't get the rpms to stay up. The bulb was soft at one point, squeezed it and tried again, did the same thing. Opened the fuel tank cover in case there was a blockage in the vent tube, made no difference. Pushed in the ignition for the choke, it would start but would not stay running. We have racked our brains trying to figure out what the problem is. Now I'm wondering if we got ripped by the dealer saying they rebuilt the fuel pump when in fact they didn't. Any suggestions?"

"Linda...I recommend you start

"Linda...I recommend you starting a new thread for this problem as not everyone may look in here and find yours. One thing you could do to eliminate the tank, line and bulb would be to borrow a small portable tank and hook that directly up to the engine and see."

If the primer bulb was soft an

If the primer bulb was soft and is still soft you may have a bad check valve inside the bulb.I got stuck on the water last month due to a collapsed bulb and was such an easy fix but didn't realize it at the time.

Back