Logo

Check engine light alarm 200 Ocean Pro

K

kmccarthy

"The last two times out the ch

"The last two times out the check engine alarm sounded as I was running @ Approx 4000 rpms. When I stop and turn off ignition and start again and run at low rpms, no alarm. Is this a fuel supply problem? any help appreciated.

Kevin"

The Ocean Pro is equipped with

The Ocean Pro is equipped with the "System Check" engine monitor. The alarm and light both sound when running for over 10 minutes or so at higher rpms. It stops when i shut down and resume at lower rpms. FUel filter or fuel pump problem maybe?

"As mentioned, the check engin

"As mentioned, the check engine light only applies to the Ficht/E-Tech (and inj. four strokes). However try to disconnect the vacum switch just before the VRO pump. If that one is the culprit, normally the light should go off when speed is reduced. As You obviously do not get the slow the problem triggering the alarm must be between the diode in the harness and the alarm."

I thought I read in my shop ma

I thought I read in my shop manual that there is a low fuel pressure-warning switch. I seem to remember that to test it you connect a vacuum pump to it and then a check eng. alarm will sound. I will check tonight to see if I can find the section and see if I am confused with a section about Ficht engines. The only reason I bring it up is I got a check engine alarm when I failed to vent an external fuel tank and it did not allow gas to flow.

The manual section was for tes

The manual section was for test vacuum switch V6 & V8 "loop charge" engines. A vacuum of 6.5 to 7.5 in Hg should sound an alarm.

Back