Logo

Default "i am new and am impressed wit

"i am new and am impressed with the info i have found on this forum. i have a 35 hp gale buccaneer model #35DE10B and serial #745409. i woul like to know what year it is and what it might be worth. also it was runnung and then parked for a year. i checked the plugs and they looked good. i had run the gas out of it before parked. i took it out last weekend and it ran for about 15 min. and then died and would not restart. i know now that i had to much 2 stroke oil in the gas (about 4 pints for 5.5 gallons) oops. it also felt overly hot when it quit. i know that it is not siezed. if anyone knows what could be wrong i would appreciate any answers or guesses. thanks. incase anyone is wondering, i only had to row about 10 feet. whew."

guest Guest

Default Well cut the oil by half at le

Well cut the oil by half at least to start with(ad 6 gallons of gas) and if it does restart check that it is pumping water.

Default thanks for the help. i will st

thanks for the help. i will start by dumping the fuel tank and starting over. i have learned now that a 50/1 motor should only have 1 pt for 6 gallons. do you think having so much more oil than necessary can cause over heating? I also have another problem. the motor has a pull start and electric start. the cord for the pull start bound up. so i took th assembly apart to get at the cord and the return spring popped out and i cant get it back in. without it the assembly will not go back on correctly. sence i have electric start do i need any of the puul start assembly? it looks like the only thing that has anything to do with runability is an arm that runs in a groove on the pull start that controls 2 valves. one valve for each cylinder. with what i know of 2 strokes i don't need any of this assembly unless i want to use the pull start. am i on the right track? i can get pictures if they will help.

guest Guest

Default The only thing the oil would d

The only thing the oil would do is make it run like crap and smoke up a storm. The plugs will foul as well.
    That engine was made to run on 24:1 or 25:1 but that was with SAE 30 w motor oil.
    Check the color of the spark plugs after running it. They should be a nice dark tan. Try 40:1 to start with.

Default ok. the spark plugs are defina

ok. the spark plugs are definatly fouled then. i took them out last night and they are black. when the motor was running it did run like crap and it smoked so bad at low idle i almost couldn'tsee it. thanks for the correct ratio on the fuel/oil. i think i'm gonna take it to the water today and see if it'll run. i'll post tonight to let you know how it does.

Default Re: 35 hp gale buccaneer

I have one of these engines and about to start restoration.. This info on yours is invaluable. I'm looking for decals and plastic cowling parts. Any contacts?