Logo

Aq130c

rickycool14

alright she was running good

alright she was running good now she wont run at all what do u think the timming on the distributer was off and we fixed that problem and she ran good threse no water in gas or oil any ideas??

"The first question I think yo

"The first question I think you should ask yourself is what have you changed (or what has changed by itself) or what were you working on since the last time it worked or just before it quit working. You mentioned that you worked on the distributor, so you may want to verify that nothing has moved (points adjustment, distributor position, atc), that all the parts are secured, that the ignition wires have been installed in the correct order, etc.

Is the engine just not starting, or are there other symptoms...?"

ok i foud out that the points

ok i foud out that the points plastic peace was wearing down so the points would not open.. when the distributer goes around it pushes the points to make the spark well the plastic peace keeps on wearing down??? wrong points?? tonight i put the boat in the water and took for a ride she also has no power runs real ruff wrong order??

"Maybe the cams are worn or sc

"Maybe the cams are worn or scratched, or you are not setting the points gap/dwell correctly? I suggest you should get rid of your points and install a Pertronix electronic ignition kit instead. The kit costs around $80 and you won't have to change points ever again."

"Rick, the Pertronix kit for m

"Rick, the Pertronix kit for my AQ130C was part number 2842. But I'd suggest you contact Pertronix with your distributor number (mine is Bosch 0231153012) and ask them which kit will work with your distributor. I got mine from warehouseautoparts.com for $64 + tax/shipping. Fast, freindly service...being in northern California where they ship from, I got it the 2nd day after I ordered it."

Back