Logo

43L Block cracked Is a blazer block ok to use

V

Victor Whittaker

I have a 92 sea ray that I jus

I have a 92 sea ray that I just purchased and got screwed with a bad motor (cracked block) that the guy had welded the crack to sell it to me. So now I am looking to rebuild. I have plenty of automotive experience and feel very comfortable rebuilding my own engine. I was going to go to the wrecking yard tomorrow to pick up a 88-93 year range 4.3L blazer/s-10/s-15/jimmy block to use for my motor. I JUST WANT THE BLOCK!!! I am going to use the crank/ pistons/ rods/ heads etc... that came with my mercruiser motor. Then I will do the appropriate machine work. Will a block from this year range work? Does it matter if the block from the donor vehicle is a fuel injected motor or a throttle body motor since I am just using the block? Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks.

"The block itself only makes a

"The block itself only makes a difference if it is balance shaft, aluminum oil pan, or plastic front cover. Just verify that it is the exact same as your old one. Please don't use your old pistons as they are worn to the original block. New pistons and rings plus a bore job are a must for longevity and reliability."

Back