Logo

50 HP Carb rebuild

H

Htims

"Can anyone give me a ball par

"Can anyone give me a ball park fig. on what a dealer charges for carb.(3) rebuild. Mine are clogged from using old fuel that sat thru winter.
I KNOW AUTO SERVICE HAS A BOOK TO GUAGE TIME, HOW ABOUT MARINE MECHANICS.
Thanks Harold"

"I just got through having min

"I just got through having mine cleaned. Didn't do a rebuild, but the cost run about 225.00
I had mine done at Lighthouse Marine in Livingston
texas."

"I have 2005 Honda 50, just go

"I have 2005 Honda 50, just got back from fishing trip running at 15 mph. The carbs have been cleaned by the dealer for 250. Cleaning is a waste of time and money. To have them overhauled by a certified dealer with a sonic cleaning which few have is around 700 dollars. I have talked to the service Rep in person, even got Honda to pay half. They blame the bad gas in Florida and the EPA for the emisson controls."

"If your Honda is a 2005, isn&

"If your Honda is a 2005, isn't it under warranty,
or is that covered? Mine is out of warranty and I
have been told that the lines wont take the ethanol. However,my owner's manual states that
Ethanol may be used if onlyu 10% by volume. Methanol may be used if only 5% by volume.
MTBE - (methyl tertiary butyl ether) by 15% by volume. The way gas is going now a days we probably don't have a clue as to what per centage of volume we are getting.
I have been told by two different sources that the ethanol will detoriate the lines and I have replaced the fuel tank line with one which will
tolerate the ethanol.
Does your lines call for alchaol resistant??
Honda needs to get on the ball concerning the fuel
lines."

Back