Logo

Needle Valve Assembly 37L 165

vkeiper

"Hi,
I was got my Sierra rebu

"Hi,
I was got my Sierra rebuild kit and started on it today. I ran into a snag...........

1. Needle Valve assembly.
My carb had a small brass cylinder about 1/4" long in the center of the needle that the float arm rested on. The kit came with that and a spring and small brass insert. The instruction for the kit showed to use the spring and insert rather than the 1/4" cylinder. Does it matter which I use?

2. The kit came with a few pats not listed in the directions or drawings, some small metal balls and small gaskets. The only thing I did not take apart was the choke assembly, as this was working perfectly. I have a manual for the Mercruiser 3.7L (1987 165) and it also does not mention these parts. Any idea where these go? I know my problem was related to the float and dirty jets anyway.

P.S.
I have attachted the picture of the rebuild kit parts. The "metal ball" I am talking about is inside the top left gasket.
The 2 kinds of needle valve parts are shown inside the gasket in the top right

Thanks
23577.jpg
Carb Parts

Most kis come with extra parts

Most kis come with extra parts to cover a range of carb models. Use the part they recommend since it's been shown that they work better.

Jeff

"Sierra also has a technical s

"Sierra also has a technical support phone line at 217-324-9428.

Another view of that kit contents is here: 18-7098"

Back