Logo

Montgomery Ward Seaking 75 HP Clinton Engine Help

jhnyutah

"I received a Montgomery Ward

"I received a Montgomery Ward Seaking 7.5 HP outboard with a Clinton engine model # K750 3107 D. It hasn't been started in a long time. I mixed some 40 to 1 and fired her up. She runs great, very clean and very strong. When I go to slow idle she back fires and then dies. I can see the fire. Can someone tell me how to fine tune her. I am running her between 2000' and 7000' elevation. I need the basics on the idle screw, altitude, and fuel mixture. I was guessing with 40 to 1. Not much experience, but handy and a quick study. Thank you for any help.

Johnny"

"Johnny. That is a good size h

"Johnny. That is a good size hill in the lake. You should clean the carb if you haven't, making sure the jets and ports are clean. With that much altitude change you are going to need to re-adjust the carb everytime you change altitude.

Is this an older motor with adjustable high & low speed jets?"

"I too have a 1980 seaking, mo

"I too have a 1980 seaking, model k751 serial number 1606569, looking on the discount marine website I ahve Id'd it as a 1980 model, and need the parts to repair the dog clutch, both the top and bottom are worn, also is there any compatability to the eska 7.5 I have access to one for parts... any help appreciatedd\

thanks

capn"

"Just got a 7.5 h.p. Montgomer

"Just got a 7.5 h.p. Montgomery Ward Sea King motor. Model XIV50575B, S.N. 1584944, Type No. K7518106A. Any idea what year this is, and where I could find an owner's manual? Any help appreciated."

Back