Logo

OLDER Honda B100 Water circulation indicator hole

S

Scott w Peterson

"Hi- I have an early 80's

"Hi- I have an early 80's b100L 10hp engine. I bought it used and put an impellor on it. I still can find no "pee" hole or see any water sqirting anywhere. I did run it for a time before I did the impeller --paying close attention to the head temperture(by touching)It should have cooked if it werent circulating, but it didn't. I really want to mount it soon for a kicker on my sailboat, but need to feel confident about the cooling. PLEASE HELP! THANKS Scott"

"Had simular problem. On a hun

"Had simular problem. On a hunch I ran a thin aluminum wire thru outlet and gently 'plunged' it down the pipe with engine running. Soon a bit of water came out, and as I worked the wire deeper it finally dislodged some debris and ran free.
Also look to see that pee hole pipe is firmly seated on pump housing and impeller vanes are properly oriented."

"same thing , good cooling but

"same thing , good cooling but bo pee ,on my B75 1983, pulled off cover plate ( also part of intake port) and then you can see problem debris and salt colects where pee hole shud vent just kleen and your on your way. You shud also see thermosat under this cover plate, mine looked good but I couldnt figure out how to remoce it , so rather than bust it up I jus cleaned it and left it
Now I got good flow...!"

Back