Click for Chrysler parts and manuals!
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Default I happened to acquire a 69 Riv

    I happened to acquire a 69 River Queen which has a 318 Chrysler with an Evinrude outdrive. The motor and outdrive I have been told are shot. Exactly what that means I don't know yet. Any suggestions on whether I try to repair or removed and plate up the old hole in the hull and put an outboard on it or replace with new inboard/outboard setup. Is that even doable? Thanks for any advice any of you are willing to offer.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    New Tripoli, PA, USA!

    Default "Go with an outboard. (Wha

    "Go with an outboard. (What do you care how fast the thing is moving? The point is to get there without breaking your bank account, right?) You can buy or make a bracket to mount the outboard on the stern, and fill in the hole in the transom--I've seen this done--and you'll end up with a pretty nice setup for minimal work and cost.

    Good luck!


Similar Threads

  1. Dead on river :(
    By adam 68 in forum Mercruiser Sterndrive Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 04:33 PM
  2. River Run Etech 50
    By collector_inspector in forum Johnson Evinrude Outboard Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 03:39 PM
  3. 1986 Gibson Houseboat
    By knot_at_work in forum Crusader Marine Engine Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 01:02 PM
  4. 1974 Steury Houseboat with a Mercruiser Inboard Engine
    By tommyr43 in forum Mercruiser Sterndrive Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 12:26 AM
  5. Trim cylinder replacement on houseboat
    By Dale Comer in forum Volvo Penta Gas Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2007, 07:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts