Logo

86 bayliner capri

brenna_8

"My boyfriend bought this boug

"My boyfriend bought this bought about a month ago, and since we had to replace a ton of things, and yet to find out that he has to replace the bellows, and another part, do you need a special tool to put it back on?"

"I was able to replace mine wi

"I was able to replace mine without any special tools. It is quite a job the first time. If you are talking about the u-joint bellows, it is advisable to replace the u-joints at the same time. I would also recommend buying a manual or paying $30 for seloconline.com which is an online manual. A bellows set is about $85 and the u-joints are about $20 each."

"Yes I was talking about the b

"Yes I was talking about the bellows, so now we should replace the u-joints? I did get the online manual, I gave it to him, but I am not sure that he saw anything about the u-joints. Thank you so very much, He did change the bellows, and that went okay. So we are on to the u-joints I guess, is that hard to change?"

"It MAY not be necessary to re

"It MAY not be necessary to replace the u-joints but any boat mechanic would agree that it should be done, particularly when the bellows has been compromised. If he has already replaced the bellows then I'm sure he would've looked at the u-joints at the same time. These are suppose to be greased every season (or every other). After the damage bad u-joints did to mine, I will change mine anytime I have it apart."

"Oh, so you have had problems

"Oh, so you have had problems like, he is having, When he bought this boat, he was under the impression that nothing was wrong with the boat, well, come to find out, that the boat must have been under water (docked) for a while, he had to take the whole entire engine apart it seemed like, Put it this way, he bought the boat, in April, and we still have not had it in the water yet, he had to drain everything. I think that the boat is better off now than it has been since the last owner, weather he was the first owner or not. Thank you very much, I will be in touch."

Back