Logo

79 OMC SAILDRIVE

richard

Looking for a new or old 79 O

Looking for a new or old 79 OMC saildrive GEARCASE HOUSING. Might be willing to buy the entire lower unit or even the whole engine.

Anyone knows where I should go?

Sadly freezing in MONTREAL CA

Sadly freezing in MONTREAL CANADA with a lot of time for travel or waiting delivery.
Thanks for your warm reply.

Please post your e-mail addre

Please post your e-mail address . I have a used unit. What is wrong with your housing ? Located in ONTARIO.

"Bonjour Sparky!
Thanks for y

"Bonjour Sparky!
Thanks for your fast reply. Very happy to ear good news from you. We took the challenge to go down south (exumas) for a full year with that engine.It performed extremely well except for the effect of salt water (electrolisis) on the gearcase.Although we had new anodes in place it became entirely perforated by corrosion (quarter inch to half inch holes). It was still running well with salt water as lubricant when we removed it (in Nassau) because of fear to sink. We came back all the way to Montréal with an 8hp outboard at the transom. Our sailboat is a Mirage 26 and to make it short this trip was wonderful!
There may be more damage then the housing itself but I'am glad to ear that at least you have that part in stock. Here is my e-mail address:
(underscore between loulou and ricardo)

[email protected]

Thanks again!"

" As we say here, no news is g

" As we say here, no news is good news. But I still wonder what happened to you? Anyway, to close this letter, I'll just add that I have found what I was looking for. I even got two.

Thanks anyway!

Richard. "

Re: Looking for a new or old 79 O

Looking for a new or old 79 OMC saildrive GEARCASE HOUSING. Might be willing to buy the entire lower unit or even the whole engine.

Anyone knows where I should go?
I have a complete omc saildrive engine with a brand new starter in my 26 ft. southcoast sailboat, which I am going to remove. Water got into the engine thru the exaust I think...and do not wish to rebuilt it. (I don't know if that is needed or not) but I also have a 10 hp kicker motor that I use more than the enboard. You can email me at [email protected] sure we can work something out if your still in need off this unit. Have a good day.

Back