Logo

Wiring for Evinrude tilt and trim 70hp 1979

dixie_cat

"Trying to add a tilt and trim

"Trying to add a tilt and trim unit,need help wiring it up. It is a two wire motor with one relay which has one colsed and one open contact. Can someone tell me how to wire it or where to find a wiring diagram?
Thanks
Larry Kimmons"

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
23074.gif
"

"Mr. King's diagram shows

"Mr. King's diagram shows a three wire trim motor. My 1979 Johnson also has the three wire system. Are you trying to change out to a two wire system? If so, I would strongly recommend that you buy a relay box for the two wire system (a good used one would be fine). Installation is pretty much mindless, you have a battery lead, leads to the T&T switch, and two leads to the T&T motor. Probably easier & cheaper in the long run."

1987 Merc. 35hp Starts fine ru

1987 Merc. 35hp Starts fine runs for about 5min. fast or slow and quits. Will not start back up. Wait 45min. to an hour fires back up and run for another 5min. and quit. It is getting fuel. Does anyone have an idea where to start looking for this problem?

I posted a question on 8/14/06

I posted a question on 8/14/06. I have had no response. I have found out that when it quits running there is no fire to the plugs. I hope this additional information is enough for someone to give me some advice.

Thanks Larry

Back