Logo

Cruisebn carry 27 hp ob

pdmeleney

"This little gem was built in

"This little gem was built in Japan and Distributed by HMC marine in Long Beach, Calif.
Anyone out there know what happened to that company?"

Long gone. I believe they were

Long gone. I believe they were built by Tanaka.

"except for the light weight,

"except for the light weight, I've never heard anything good about them All troubles. E-bay usually has them new to used to un-operatable."

"any info on an old Mod.6700 h

"any info on an old Mod.6700 hmc helpful, someone gave this motor, had it running fine next day had trouble starting, could not pullcord enough and sometimes it was yanked from my hand."

I am looking for a shift cable

I am looking for a shift cable for the 2.7.
Anybody?
Thanks in advance
Nathan Worthy
417-224-4019

HAVE A 6600 THE DRIVE IS THE P

HAVE A 6600 THE DRIVE IS THE PROBLEM. WAS THINKING IT WAS ENGINE TOOK IT APART NOTHING WRONG WENT TO THE DRIVE FIXED IT THEN BROKE BOTH RINGS PUTTING IT BACK TOGETHER

"Never had any problems with m

"Never had any problems with my 6700 until Friday. It wouldn't start. It would not fire at all. It had run perfectly the week before. I pulled the plug and dropped a tiny bit of gas in the cylinder. Put the plug back in, pulled the cord and it ran for a few seconds but after that it wouldn't start. Any ideas?"

"Just a note for all you Cruis

"Just a note for all you Cruise and Carry types - although it is commonly believed that Tanaka built these - they in fact "DID NOT" - going to the Tanaka site will confirm it with a giant disclaimer.

HMC was also well known for "green machine" lawn equipment and it's probably fair to say that they shared parts (carbs etc) - while I have no sources for parts for these, and have looked extensively, websearches for Green Machine parts as well may help some of you guys out..."

Anyone have a shop manual for

Anyone have a shop manual for a 2.7 horse? I seem to have a problem with the transmission - can't get it into gear.

I am looking for the "Pull

I am looking for the "Pull Start" for this motor.
I need the whole thing !

Hi,
I have a model 6700 and need a bunch of parts.
1; Clutch cable assembly and extra adjuster, (parts #660301 & 660302)
2: Canvas carry bag - have a model 6600 carry bag to sell or trade.
3: Tool set #670601
4: Prop #677610
5:pull rope and handle with cosmetic plug # 677310.
6: Original manual
Restoring for a senior's b-day.
Terry
e-mail : [email protected]
or phone 250-545-9026

Re: Anyone have a shop manual for

Anyone have a shop manual for a 2.7 horse? I seem to have a problem with the transmission - can't get it into gear.

The cable that goes from the shift down to the bottom of the shaft is the cable that allows it to go into gear or into nuetral . Pushed in ,puts it into gear .Pull the cable up and it will be in nuetral.If that does not work .It could be that the cable is broke inside at the bottom

Back