Logo

b93 43LX cylinder head bolt removal pattern

93regal

"Does anyone know the cylinder

"Does anyone know the cylinder head bolt remove/install pattern on this engine head? Torque specifications?

I bought the Seloc online manual, but it won't activate.

Thanks in advance for reading"

"Well, I just started in the m

"Well, I just started in the middle, and worked my way out. I found that the back right cylinder piston looks like its been dragged behind a car, small gouges, and scratches everywhere on the top of the piston. I didn't find anything in the cylinder (the piston is down on that cylinder at the moment). The middle cylinder had a small nugget of mushed metal about 3 millimeters around in it. But the middle piston looks fine if a little carbon/crud coated. The engine has not been able to stay running long enough this year to burn out the deposits.

Here is what I really don't get.

How can a piston look like that, and there be no evidence on the cylinder cap or valves? There seems to be no scoring on the cylinder walls either.

If someone reads this, and has any ideas at all for me, I would be very grateful for your input."

Detonation and pre-ignition ca

Detonation and pre-ignition can cause the molten spot you describe. Can you attach pictures to further the discussion?

"Hey David,

I'll get p

"Hey David,

I'll get pictures here in the next hour or so. We have decided to clean the top of the piston and put it back together. But I would still like your input. At this point, I believe there was insufficient oil pressure to keep the electric fuel pump operational. This caused the engine to starve for fuel. After replacing the oil pump with a high volume version, the fuel pump can be heard running after the engine is shut off. I still don't have oil flow coming through the lifter rods, and across the rockers,but it hasn't been run for more than about 10 seconds either."

"Here are all three pistons on

"Here are all three pistons on the damaged (right) side. The pics are big, 45k a piece. I am 50/50 on replacing the piston at this time. Let me know what you think.

thanks again
23096.jpg
damaged piston

"Somewhat confused with respec

"Somewhat confused with respect to what problem you are trying to solve. You speak of oil pressure, piston problems and fuel pressure. I see nothing but normal carbon on the piston image. I would put it back together and fire it up. Do you have good oil pressure and compression and no leaks? If yes... go boating.

D"

I understand your confusion.

I understand your confusion. The whole project has been confusing. Your advice regarding the piston was exactly what I needed. It's going back together.

Thanks for the assist!

I'll post here on the final results.

"Well, it's all back toget

"Well, it's all back together. It seems to be rinning ok in the back yard, but the true test will be this weekend. It's off to the river to see if we are going to have fun, or 'blow it up real good'. Time will tell. If anyone is still reading this thread, I'll report back on Monday with the results."

"The engine is wounded in some

"The engine is wounded in some way. It runs like crap. It didn't blow up, but it didn't run very smooth either.

I am starting another thread on engine removal if I don't find the info on a search of this board."

Back