Logo

1 cyl Kermath

kenny

" Kermath engine found. I was

" Kermath engine found. I was told it came out of a small sailboat used locally on Flathead lake, NW Montana. It is blue in color, original I believe,
and looks to be all there. Engine, trans, air screen, carb, fuel filter, rope pull front, water pump, frame rails, mag, everything I think. Engine
turns freely, trans seems to shift OK. This is all I know of this engine made in Detroit. Can anyone send me info?
engine#19123 trans#B17426 "

"Kenny,
It sounds like what t

"Kenny,
It sounds like what they called a Kermath Sea Pup, which was later sold as an Atomic 1.
Does it look like the following picture?

The Sea Pup was a popular engine for use as an auxilary engine in a sailboat but was replaced by diesels when they became small enough. It is also a suitable engine for a small skiff.
We sell an instruction book for them it you need one.
Regards,
Andrew"

Looks like it except mine doe

Looks like it except mine does not have elec start or generator. Also it has a Tillotson carb different than yours shown. It has a rope pull and
mag. Also my air screen is round.

Looks like it except mine doe

Looks like it except mine does not have elec start or generator. Also it has a Tillotson carb different than yours shown. It has a rope pull and
mag. Also my air screen is round.

" Kenny,
Do you think it is t

" Kenny,
Do you think it is the same castings? I'm sure that they varied the accessories over the years. This one has a rope start in additon to the starter.
Regards,
Andrew "

" Andrew,
It looks the same

" Andrew,
It looks the same. It does have Kermath and Detroit,Mich USA cast in the top of the head.
It also has a freeze or soft plug oposite side of the spark plug from the water inlet line. I would be interested in selling.
Thanks, Kenny "

"Kenny,

It is probably the

"Kenny,

It is probably the same as the one it the picture that Bill posted (thanks Bill!).

I assume that is an earlier model, but I don't know that for certain.

If you want to sell it you should list it in our classifieds.

Regards,
Andrew"

Back