Logo

Twin evinrude 150bs want power up in gear

D

Dave929

"The engines run perfect on th

"The engines run perfect on the ears outside of the water, but as soon as you put power to them they start acting up. I've been through the carbs, cleaned the tanks, checked all the lines, now it will power up slowly. Ran up to about 4000 rpm's today and then both motors just shut off. They'll ideal at 1500 all day long. I'm thinking they're not getting enough power from the stator's. The fact that both motoers are acting the same confuses me. Any advise would be appeciated."

Do they take fuel from seperat

Do they take fuel from seperate pick up lines from the tank? Check the anti siphon valves at the top of the pick up line(s).

"2 seperate pick up's, and

"2 seperate pick up's, and I took out the anti siphon valves...."

It might be one is 'shot&#

It might be one is 'shot' and trailing while the other is pulling the load. Do a compression test on both engines just to eliminate severe internal dammage. After that time to find out which engine is trailing and which is pulling. Normally You may do this by starting both engines and put them in gear. The give full throtle on one at the time (only short time) and You may quicly notice which one needs some closer look.

thanks for the help.... i'

thanks for the help.... i'll try that tomarrow...

Back