Logo

Block Weld Repair

R

Ray Riley

Does anyone have experience t

Does anyone have experience to share on success of weld repair of a damaged block?

" I used JB Weld to seal crack

" I used JB Weld to seal cracked water jackets on a big block Chrysler with good results. You can also braze an external crack on block. To weld a cast iron block, it's usually necessar to remove it, strip it down, and keep the temperature controlled while welding. Might just as well replace it "

Pinning and/or a stitching pr

Pinning and/or a stitching process using interlocking materials is another option--- commonly done by engine machine shops in the repair of cylinder heads. Most will not attempt repairs on location but may in shop.A company named Metal Lock is well known in the oil patch along Gulf Coast doing mostly main drive industrial marine where drydock and removal is cost prohibitive.

"I have used the pinning/stitc

"I have used the pinning/stitching method also and was very satisfied on the particular application I used it on. The tooling and parts that are available are extensive, based on the type of repair.

I got my material from a company called Lock-N-Stitch, Inc. in Turlock, CA. They have good documentation and a video.

The stuff isn't cheap... but what is nowadays!

Cracks are much easier to deal with than corrosion!

Regards,
Andrew"

Thanks Andrew you guys have g

Thanks Andrew you guys have great web site.

Back