Logo

Fuel pump diagram 6hp 1969

rawson

I have been uable to find a di

I have been uable to find a diagram for fuel pump .I bought a rebuild kit from napa (18-7823)I don't know why this is a big secret}}.I have been to the library (close but no cigar)need help or new fuel pump -40.00 dollars

"You dont say what motor you h

"You dont say what motor you have but since your post is under J/E, I assume you have one of these.
According to the Seloc repair manual for J/E motors from 1956 to 1970, 1 and 2 cylinder, two stroke models, 1 1/2 to 40 hp, "a considerable number of fuel pump designs and sizes have been installed on the LARGER J/E engines covered in this manual. ONLY ONE CAN BE REBUILT. This pump has three nipples providing the means of connecting fuel and vacuum lines...etc, etc. All others must be replaced. " If this sounds like your pump, I will see if I can scan a copy of the exploded drawing into the computer and email to you. However, since the step by step instructions cover several pages along with photographs of the process,you may want to pick up a copy of the manual, available through this site."

Any seloc repair manual for th

Any seloc repair manual for that year and model should show how the parts go back in the pump. No big secret about it. You just need the correct book. Even a good parts book will show the order of how the parts fit in the pump.

"Sorry about that Tom,Motor is

"Sorry about that Tom,Motor is an evinrude 6hp.mod.#6902m. The pump has only two nipples, in and out. I could take picture and email to you if this would help."

If it only has two nipples tha

If it only has two nipples than it isnt rebuildable--
need to replace it--according to the manual--
tom

"It is crazy they sell the kit

"It is crazy they sell the kit, but the diagram is a secret. Tom I thank you for your time.I going to cotact NAPA . I can,t keep buying maunals that don't have the diagram in it.If I ever find it I will post it. again Thanks TOM for your professional help great site"

"According to my research, tha

"According to my research, that is the right repair kit for a six hp motor built between 1986 and 1993."

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
22832.jpg

Is this what you need. I made this one myself"

"Willard King you are the MAN.

"Willard King you are the MAN. This has been going on for three weeks. I knew that someone had it.
THANK YOU
happy.gif
"

Back