Logo

My instruments with enginge hour and used fuel has reset

galeon

Engine Evinrude Etec 225HO Yea

Engine Evinrude Etec 225HO Year 2005.

My instrument with rpm.s and a small digital display with Engine hours and Used fuel has suddenly reset to zero hours and used fuel. The display showed a text or sign that I had not seen before and when I pushed the "menu" bottom it said beep and everything went to zero. It still counts the hours and fuel but from zero again. The local dealer has never heard of this before. He has contacted the Danish impoter who are now working on it. Can anyone please help to solve this promblem. I would like the gauges to go together with the read out from the motor again. /Forsberg.

Unless there is a recall on th

Unless there is a recall on the instrument you may need to have it reset to what the engine shows by the factory. I had a GPS do that once and there was nothing that could be done to get the information back. Just like a computer they just crash / reset sometimes for a reason that is unknown. I was told there may have been a voltage spike that caused my problem but there is no chance of finding why unless something else fails showing what caused it. I thought just great. I have no idea if the system is safe or not. Good feeling out on the water eh. Hope you find it.

Back