Logo

Weak stream

matthew

Just bought a rebuild kit for

Just bought a rebuild kit for my 85 hp 1978 evinrude for the water pump that is installed and where there was no water before the rebuild there is just a tiny amount at idle what could be another reason for the weak stream could I have an o ring in the wrong place?

"What about Your thermostats,

"What about Your thermostats, are they stuck open?
Check Your engine temp at idle: both cylindertops even in temp and 'barely to tuch'.
At the exhaust relief holes at the leg You would normally see an encreased amount of water as the thermostats opends."

As well as what the other fell

As well as what the other fellow said you also may want to make sure that the water feed tube is connected and did not slip out of place when the lower unit was reinstalled. Another cause maybe that one or more of the impeller blades are turned in the wrong direction. Also I have found that sometimes insects can build a nest in the coolant lines causing a blockage. Just a few things that come to mind. Hope one helps you out. Best of luck.

I took compressed air and blew

I took compressed air and blew into the exit hole for a bout ten seconds cranked it up and it ran and stream was strong thanks for the help

Back