Logo

115HP Johnson

lc2978

"I purchased a 19 1/2 Open fis

"I purchased a 19 1/2 Open fisherman ARROW GLASS Boat. it is About 1987, but I think the engine is older. I went fishing and I had issues with shifter, Motor idles ok but I noticed the following problems:
- you have to push hard the shifter foward in order to accelerate. It accelerates fine but if you accelerate too much the engine revs high and the prop doesnt move as it is supposed to, moving boat at a slow pace, I have to put the shiftyer down allittle bit and try again until it accelerates. I cannot reach maximum velicity since engine revs too high and it doesnt move prop as it is supposed to therefore I have to pull back the throttle a little. Sometimes it will not engage property therefore i have to move very slowly in order to avoid high rpms on motor. Can someone tell me what needs to be done to fix this.

- Also I think there isnt good water cycle cooling down the motor?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

leo"

"hey Leo..Your prop needs to b

"hey Leo..Your prop needs to be re-hubed...the rubber in the center of the prop replaced...this is what is slipping and allowing your engine to over-rev...Once you get the prop fixed, then you will be able to tell more about the cooling...I also have an ARROW GLAS mine is the VIPER..17' bow rider...best hull I have ever seen..the company is now out of business...to bad..."

Back