Logo

1992 V6 43LX REPLACE

H

HERMAN

I need some help. I need to re

I need some help. I need to replace this motor and I find a 2003 v6 lx vortec is this motor is going to work with my old parts.

"I dont know but my main probl

"I dont know but my main problem is mainfoilds, carburator, inteke. this is a truck motor .so I now is fuel injetcion so probably I need to buy a new fuel pump"

"Look at the way the intake bo

"Look at the way the intake bolts to heads, I know that on vortec heads the intake bolts go strait up and down and older ones bolt perpendicular to heads. The exaust manifolds will work just fine. You will need an electric fuel pump with low pressure 7 lbs max."

so if the inteke don't wor

so if the inteke don't work do you know if I can buy one that will work with carburator.for this 2004.
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INFORMATION

"Try auto parts store, speed s

"Try auto parts store, speed shop, holley or edelbrock catalogs, I don't think there is any thing marine about intakes."

"This motor should work fine w

"This motor should work fine with a little work. Go to an Edelbrock 2114 manifold and a Edelbrock 1409 carb jetted to 89 all round. If it is an R&R anyway, look into some hardened pushrods and 1.6 RRs. That sucker will hum nicely with the Vortec heads. No need for efi at all on this app and this way YOU control your fuel curve.

My .02"

Back