Logo

Archive through July 12 2000

larry

I am looking for any informat

I am looking for any information I can get on the Mighty Might. In the early 50's and late 40's I recall them being advertised in the back of comic books and magazines. I just acquired one in a yard sale. The only thing missing from it was the shear pin. After 24 years of storage a good cleaning and a freshening up of the lower case fluids I attached it to the back of my flatback to give her a go. Three pulls and away we went. It pushed my 80lb flatback and me (another 230lbs)
along like a little champ. I do seem to have a little problem with gas mixture. I used a standard outboard oil by Valve O Line. I am sure it was a synthetic. I mixed according to the directions on the flywheel. I had to run it all the way to the leanest carb setting. When I tried to adjust it back to the richer setting where it should be it fouled out. I am interested in hearing from others out there who have some experience with the little Mighty Might.
This is the 2nd. old outboard I have purchased. I also bought an old evinrude 3hp from the late 40's I am slowly bringing back to life.

" The correct mixture is 16 to

" The correct mixture is 16 to one or 1/2 pint to gallon use 30 wt two cycle oil, not modern prediluted oils. regualr gas.

To set carb mixtures: get motor running on boat, advance to high speed. Adjust high speed needle to give best running. Then retard spark and set low speed needle for best idle. "

Back