Logo

Archive through August 07 2000

A

Anonymous

I inherited 3 of these fabulo

I inherited 3 of these fabulous engines- need info as to values and collectors

"One place you could look is a

"One place you could look is a personal page that is all about Homelite outboards. This should work as a link: Homelite. Good luck, hopefully someone else will come up with more info for you."

" These huge beasts are very i

" These huge beasts are very interesting outboards. The engine itself is a direct decendant of the 1940's Crossley car motor, turned vertical.

When Crossley made them they were made all welded sheet metal welded, and called "Cobra" for Copper Brazed construction.

Not too many collectors seek them due to weigtht. The goal is to find ANY ONE interested.

Good Luck

Art "

"I have three of these motors

"I have three of these motors my self. I just love them. One my grandfather bought brand new back in 1966. The other 2 I bought. The two I bought run fine. I paid $50.00 for the pair and a box of parts to go with them. I have seen other motors sell for around $100.00 but I didn't buy them. The link above is a good start. If there is anything you would like to know further feel free to e-mail me. Scott is a little overwelmed by questions. He sometimes takes some time to get back to you. He is a great sourse however. I also have done quite a bit of research for parts that I would be willing to share. Let me know if you want rid of one. [email protected]"

Back