Logo

1980s chrysler charger series outboards

crackbadger

"I would like to know if anyon

"I would like to know if anyone knows what was different about the Charger line of outboards Chrysler made in the 80s. I have an 85 horse not yet running. I saw an old ad that calls the charger series.. Ferociously fast< performance oriented, built for top end. Free flow power lower unit ect. It seems I read that there are certain Chrysler outboard with a short stroke rods, and im wondering if they are in the Chargers..any replies appreciated..
happy.gif
"

"1976 60hp chrysler o/b starts

"1976 60hp chrysler o/b starts fine,idles fine,will not throttle up to plane.rebuilt carbs,new plugs,revs up fine on hose but not in water. any advice would help. electrical maybe,model 609ha serial 6300, thanks in advance"

"check distributor linkage and

"check distributor linkage and make sure timing is advancing properly as carb butterflies are opening. also make sure air vent is open on gas tank, and fuel pump is pumping plenty of gas to carbs."

Yahoo says the geocities site is no longer open.Go to iboats . com and ask FrankA he'll probably know.

Bushog you should start your own thread.Asking questions on anothers just makes it hard to keep things straight.
The fuel pump,might need a rebuild?
iboats . com Force Chrysler forum. First thread is a post it includes a LINC@ SINC by FrankA ,do this.

Back