Logo

b77 35 johnson no spark

the bottom plug doesn't ap

the bottom plug doesn't appear to line up with anything? the numbers are nowhere near the starter bracket line your talking about...but the top plug is dead on the #8...thanks for your help.

"ok guys...shoot me now LOL...

"ok guys...shoot me now LOL...i just heard it fire over for the first time yet! I was spraying a TON of premixed fuel into the carb..I am pretty sure that leaves me troubleshooting the fuel system now...How can i tell if the fuel pump is working? Do i need to rebuild my carb? I just rebuilt it a couple months ago. Since it just worked fine one day then wouldn't the next, fuel pump?"

"Jeff,
AS long as the top one

"Jeff,
AS long as the top one lines up your alright..sounds like you are not getting fuel pull the drain plug out of the bottom of the carbutor and let all the gas run out.. now pump it up by hand with the plug out you should get a lot of gas coming out as you pump.if not you could have a stuck needle valve. did you replace the needle valve when you clean them?"

"u may have something blocking

"u may have something blocking fuel to reed valves,or they may be stuck..pull carb to ck."

"ok...i tried spraying the car

"ok...i tried spraying the carb with the fuel mix, and it WILL start...it WILL NOT stay running if i pump the primer bulb, but it WILL stay running if i stand there and keep spraying fuel into carb...sounds to me like a carb problem...I've included a couple pics of my carb. I do have the float set at the right height, right? it's flat when upside down...i did replace the needle valve when i rebuilt it. that's the little pin that moves along with the float right? is pointy on one end? Where are the reed valves if you don't mind me asking...Any other ideas?
url]

url]
"

reed valves are in the manifol

reed valves are in the manifold after the carbs.
its not common for that to happen but it does.
every thing else looks good (photos).

I don't see those in my ma

I don't see those in my manual...how do i check to see if they are OK?!? What do you guys suggest I do next?

is there anyway to check to se

is there anyway to check to see fi that's the problem? it looks really shiny/clean inside there but that's all I can see...

"try putting your hand over th

"try putting your hand over the intake,
and turn it over you should only feel air
going into the engine,(fyi, blow back)
reeds not closing would cause fuel to to go in and out of carbs.but may run poorly,if not at all.thats why i say it may be a simple thing.
fuel pump.?

)"

"my fuel pump appears clean an

"my fuel pump appears clean and working order? IDK any way to test it? I did just disconnect lines and pumped fuel thru to make sure...also when i can get it started, i try pumping it to keep it running and it doesn't work. I figured that would eliminate fuel pump?"

Did you get gas coming out of

Did you get gas coming out of your bottom plug on your carburator when you pump it? it only takes a small amount of trash to stop up the needle valve hole.

"go back in that carb and make

"go back in that carb and make sure....it is clean,look thru the HS jet,w/a light,...spotless,it needs to be,...ck that float is level when turned upside down,..pull low spd needle out make sure its clear in the orifice.make sure float DROPS freely.."

"first off..oscar..i had alrea

"first off..oscar..i had already taken the carb off, when you suggested that so i coudlnt' do the drain plug...I have the carb off now and that hole is clean...every hole i can see i stuck wire thru and they are clean. I am going go double double check tommorow before i re-install it.
jwb---did you check out my pic of the carb float? does it look correctly leveled?
[url=""]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q199/jsb91010/Whaler Pics/DSCN0168.jpg""

"The carb-float look OK.
Doub

"The carb-float look OK.
Double check that the jet in center is open, and that the small gasket in center is not damaged. When You put the carb bowl with gasket loose on top, the center gasket must be about 1/2-1 mm thicker than the outer gasket leaving a gap. When tightening down the screws, center gasket will seal.
If center gasket is too thin or cracked, carb will suck air."

"Look at the form help section

"Look at the form help section to find out how to post pictures. The IMG tags etc that other forums use dont work with this one. but it does upload the pictures from your own computer without using Photobucket

your_image.gif
pic 1"">

your_image.gif
pic 2"">

You can do two things to check the fuel pump. Pumping the bulb as you've already done. When cranking with it disconnected from the carb you'll get spurts of fuel through if its OK.

Have you checked that the carb inlet needle valve is not blocked?"

"Sorry about that. it was not

"Sorry about that. it was not meant to be posted. Too late now to delete

The pictures were too big to post. Maybe they can be done as attachments.

<!-attachment-!><center>
attachment_icon.gif
pic 1""></center><!-/attachment-!>
<!-attachment-!><center>
attachment_icon.gif
pic 2""></center><!-/attachment-!>

Rats no they can't. Too big for that as well.

Some things this forum does well once you've figured it out, posting decent pictures is not one of them.

Got to stick to links to photobucket!"

Hi folks i am haveing trouble

Hi folks i am haveing trouble getting my 2000 30 hp evenrude going it has lots of gas new plugs all kinds of spark wont even kick. where to go from here.it worked great when i last used it in may. THANKS HECBEAR

"Thanks guys for all your help

"Thanks guys for all your help. All i had to do was clean the carb by letting it sit for 30 minutes, then after that VROOOOOM she started right up...has never ran so good before!!! Thanks again guys for all your help."

"-------excellent--,...treat y

"-------excellent--,...treat your gas w/stabilizer and run treated fuel thru it,and then ,drain carb...or ,treat and run 15 min,once a month."

Hi folks i have been watching

Hi folks i have been watching and your problem was the same as mine only i laid mine up for 6 months it will not even kick i womder why yours wouldnt kick when you put gas on the plugs i have done this but no kick maybe i should take my carb apart to

"jeff------if u actually USE i

"jeff------if u actually USE it weekly,...then u dont need to fire it up once a month...that is just a storage suggestion."

"ok cool jwb...yes Its been fi

"ok cool jwb...yes Its been fixed two days and today is going to be the second day on the water :D...i use it alot, we have no winter here in san antone...it's 70* today :D"

yes i do know where that's

yes i do know where that's at!!!...I used to party often in san marcos when my bro went to school there :D ...do you ever fish braunig or calaveras? Those are my main hang outs if I can't hit the salt...

Back