Logo

Trim problems

lunar

"Hello : I had installed a new

"Hello : I had installed a new trim motor on my 225 hp johnson 2001 (fasttrack)now i had installed a new pump and seals and the unit have no preassure to lift the engine.Sound like it have air in the unit. Any idea to remove the air from it. Thank's
sad.gif
}"

"Did you get any fluid in it?

"Did you get any fluid in it? You may need someone to lift up on the motor while pressing the trim switch to the UP position, once pistons are fully extended top off with fluid and cycle it 4-5 times, keep adding fluid every time the pistons are fully extended again, once it's full reinstall the fill plug."

"the only thing i know to tell

"the only thing i know to tell you to try is run the motor up and down a few times and raise it up all the way and check fluid level.......then repeat if necessary.

there also a manual release valve on the port side........i looked at your tilt set up on http://shop2.evinrude.com/ext/index.aspx?s1=da0e28aac15c0cb62f649c3a99793c91 .......i sure wish mine was that simple the diagram for mine shows about 50 o-rings.

if bleeding the system like this doesnt work im sure someone on here can help....sorry not much help."

"Thanks: Mike Makuch, David Re

"Thanks: Mike Makuch, David Real for yuor tips i put both togeather and finally i have it done.

thank's again
Rafael
happy.gif
"

Back