"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
221788.jpg

221789.jpg

maybe there is somthing else to talk about other
than problems,here is my 88 bonito goes bout 40
with a fresh top end 90 hp tnt"

"1987 Whaler Super Sport. 1983

"1987 Whaler Super Sport. 1983 Johnson 35HP.

Stripped for flats fishing and diving for lobster. Oyster white Awlgrip in and out. Moondust Awlgrip on the anti skid. Powertech Stainless Prop (not in pics).

This boat spent almost an entire year drying out in a heated warehouse before the restoration. Most Whalers are water logged, and most people that own them don't even know it.

I like the lighter weight of the older outboards. The boat sits high in the water and can flat "haul ass" if you need too.

url]

url]

url]
"

"An expanded 'avatar'

"An expanded 'avatar' pic. My old favorite: The BW 17 Outrage at that time fitted with a 225 Venom, 'inverted' transom jack (engine was 20", transom 25"). Ran that boat with the most from 115 to the 225 Venom including several Fichts. 40 knots+ with the 115, 65+ with the Venom.
At the back my Bombard with a 70Hp 4-stroke. However my favorite fishing and work boat: the small white with a 9.9 4-stroke. Nothing could beat that one in fuel consumption!
221807.jpg
"

"Tim:
If not mistaken, that b

"Tim:
If not mistaken, that boat was seized by British customs not long ago from a smuggler syndicate."

"I think so, drug runners used

"I think so, drug runners used it crossing some channel or something like that. Interesting though, huh? Hopefully, it is not in bad taste to show it."

ive seen the pic and dont unde

ive seen the pic and dont understand exactly why you would need 8 250hp...........i thought it was like some kind of tug boat or something like that.......you know one that helps the really big boats move around.

im still not sure how to post personal pics but im gonna try..........although mines not as fancy as the ones above------all 3 of them float and the motors (usually) run like a top.

dont care much for the yammas

dont care much for the yammas but that is sick looking.i wonder how much it costs to feed it.

"Rule of thumb - 1 gal per hou

"Rule of thumb - 1 gal per hour per 10 horses at WOT - so 25 gal/hr per motor x 8 = 200 gallons per hour.

If that was seized and is sitting that explains the lower demand for gas which caused the drop in oil prices
"

"Regarding the boat with too m

"Regarding the boat with too many Yamahas, it reminds me of the guy that was buying watermelons for a dollar, then hauling them to town and selling them for a dollar. Soon, he found he wasn't making any money. His thought was, maybe he should get a bigger truck!!!

Tim in Folsom, CA"

"mike, not sure who the mfr is

"mike, not sure who the mfr is but i was informed by the dealer who sold them they were bought out by another company in fla.forgot who or what happened.sure i could find out."

"Charles,

Can you read the

"Charles,

Can you read the VIN, an aluminum tag riveted to the stbd side outboard transom. Arrow Glass had a Bonito model and AG was bought out several times from the late 70's to the early '90's. there are seveal active AG sites. One is monitored by a former AG employee."

it says bntf1030j889 model 152

it says bntf1030j889 model 152 se.
i made a mistake with the year its an 89 with 88
evinrude.i know they do not make this brand anymore.

"mike that link stated pontoon

"mike that link stated pontoon boats,
thats good info i may investigate a little more later,just got home.its time to eat"

"Well here's my baby befor

"Well here's my baby before I changed engines....The "Force" is no longer with me, well it is but in parts..lmao

221900.jpg
My Trophy

What do you got on it now? And

What do you got on it now? And what is wrong with the force? And the HP's of old and new engines.

"I have a 175 Evinrude on it n

"I have a 175 Evinrude on it now..

The Force 120 blew #4 conn. rod or piston end bearings.. Didn't take it apart to see which, but the CS only turns so far then binds. I found the needle bearings between the piston and cylinder head cover, and 1 needle slightly wedged between the piston and wall..Trashed it!

Lower unit crapped out also..The shift rod housing in the lower end is worn out and Mercury made them un-repairable (unless you split the LU housing)..Bad design IMO!"

"you said mercury made the low

"you said mercury made the lower unit,
i thought force was a by product/off spring of chrystler."

"This is a 2 year restore proj

"This is a 2 year restore project of a 1975 Arrow Glass Cheetah with the original 115 Johnnie. These were taken about a year ago after structural repairs, but before cosmetics. It does 40 light and 35 with 6 passengers. The engine has never had any power head, electical problems or repairs, just lower unit seals and 2 water pumps.

221920.jpg
1975 Arrow Glass Cheetah"">
221921.jpg
Arrow Glass Cheetah"">
221922.jpg

"Mercury Marine took over the

"Mercury Marine took over the model line in the mid/late 90's I think..Mine was a Mercury Force, not the Chrysler Force..

My boat with the Force 120 maybe ran 30 mph on a flat water day..lol

The Erude 175 pushes my boat at 45+ and that was using my boats speedometer..lol I forgot to look at my GPS when I had it out the one time..

I've got another post about my 175.. I have to rebuild it, #1 piston is bad, and I have an internal water leak..

Less than $300 for complete set of parts..I'll do all the work.."

"When Chrysler Marine was most

"When Chrysler Marine was mostly bankrupt, Bayliner bought out the outboard division in 1984 and began producing Force motors through their U.S. Marine division. The 1984's and some 85's still had "Chrysler" on the hoods.

In 1986 Brunswick (who owns Merc and about half of the recreational boating industry) bought Bayliner, inheriting Force in the process. They gave the division to Merc.

Merc continued the Force line into the 90's producing "budget" motors. The earlier models were mostly Chrysler parts. Later they became "hybrids" of Chrysler and mostly discontinued Merc parts and yet other were mostly Merc motors.

It's not that the motors were particularly "bad", they were just using technology sometimes 20 years out of date. A prime example is you will find Tillotson carbs on many Force models. Merc stopped using them on their own in the late 70's as Tillotson was getting out of the carb business.

There was 4 distinct 120 horse models - 2 had Prestolite ignitions sytems, the other 2 had Merc Thunderbolt 4's.

Towards the end they just cobbled together whatever they had laying around and shipped them out. This is evident by 50-75 different model numbers for the same year/horsepower near the end of the run (yes 75 different versions of the same horsepower the same year)...."

<H3>Formatting Error</H3>The f

<H3>Formatting Error</H3>The formatting code popjpeg requires 2 argument(s); you provided only 1 argument(s).

Back