Logo

2000 50 horse stalling

"Tim,

A low speed problem c

"Tim,

A low speed problem could be anything from a clogged jet in a carburetor to a bad spark plug. You will need to troubleshoot the engine's system's to find out which system is giving the problem. Then you start testing the individual parts of that system."

what rpm does it idle at mine

what rpm does it idle at mines idles around 1000 1100 in neutral might be as simple as tweaking the screw on top of the top carb

it idles at 1100 rpm has new

it idles at 1100 rpm has new plugs new fuel filter fresh gas new fuel line and primer bulb and i rebuilt the fuel pump last week i orderd a carb rebuild kit for all 3 carbs today

did you check your mixture nee

did you check your mixture needles they should be around 2/12 to 3 turns out from loosely seated but higily doubt there not adjusted right you can turn them 2 turn each way and not make a difference

well does it just die at idle

well does it just die at idle my idles are set a little low in my opinion it will idle dead idle for probably 5-10 mins before it cuts off if i raise the idle rpm it will idle forever but the boats going to fast for trolling so did you try bumping your idle up just a tad im running a 15 inch pitch stainless wheel and im probably idling 1000 in gear so maybe im 1200 in neutral i cant say for sure but if it runs great every other speed it might just need to be bumped up but if you need to choke it to keep it idling then you probably need to rebuild the carbs i highly doubt it ignition do you run a big racor fuel filter if so theres your issues nissans dont like those huge racor filters

it stalls out when you put it

it stalls out when you put it into gear i still have the stock fuel filter on it i just replaced the filter element in it it needs to be choked to stay running

thanks for all the help it was

thanks for all the help it was greatly appreciated i will rebuild the carbs this weekend and let yall know if it worked thanks tim cook

Back