Logo

Need unbiased opinions on Trojan boats

dietwrite

"We recently purchased a 1977

"We recently purchased a 1977 Trojan 25'cabin cruiser. It's needed more repairs than we originally expected, but Trojan boat owners keep telling us Trojans were the "Cadillac" of boats. We've debated selling it and purchasing a 1992 Maxum cabin cruiser with a 454 Bravo Drive Mercruiser. The Trojan boat owners we've spoken to think this would be like trading in a classic mustang for a Cavallier. Any opinions?"

"Since Trojans were made only

"Since Trojans were made only 6 miles from my slip, I'm probably a bit biased, but... I've seen a lot of really old Trojans still in use and in good shape. That says a lot about their construction. The Maxim is built by the folks that built Bayliners, and not many of them that old are in good shape. That too should tell you something.

Jeff"

"I must admit to being a littl

"I must admit to being a little biased as well, I love my 31, 37 yrs old & still going strong, & she gets lots of compliments as well, Wonder how good a Maxum will look at that age?"

"I am not qualified to weigh i

"I am not qualified to weigh in on Trojan. I have 6 kids.
lol.gif
"

Rick..you must have had one of

Rick..you must have had one of the really rare ones that did leak.

"Terry,
My '71 31' Tr

"Terry,
My '71 31' Trojan is a great boat. I've done quite a bit of upgrades and some repair work but feel it's a great solid boat and worth the effort and expense. I expect it will be around for plenty more years."

Back