Logo

Tohatsu M8B

butterfish

"I cant separate the powerhead

"I cant separate the powerhead from the leg on my M8B. Undone all visible studs(7) around crankcase flange. Also undone 4 that secure the prop assy to the leg.I think the driveshaft is frozen inside. Sprayed WD40 down crankcase then shaken,rattled and rolled to no avail. Wedged a screwdriver between flanges as much as I dare....nothing.Any ideas?"

did you un hook the shift rod

did you un hook the shift rod it has a pin that you have to drive out below the swivel mount
that would keep the lower from dropping but not keep the power head from popping off idk id try to get the gear case off first get two large screw drivers and see if you can work it out just dont crack the case or the mid or
i had a 20hp mercury once the drive shaft was stuck in the crank i had to cut it in the end i cut it through the motor mount i have never had to remove a motor mount on a nissan so i dont know if this is even an option.

Thanks for that. I had undone

Thanks for that. I had undone the shift rod.
I'll just keep gently wedging away with the screwdrivers. Dont want to break anything or cut through stuff as replacement parts in N.Z. are priced so that the agents can be millionaires.
Will advise the outcome in due course.

Back