Logo

Seized steering yamaha 6h3 70beto

strapper

howdy im trying to find out ho

howdy im trying to find out how the steering is put together on the motor. the cable goes to a rod that goes into a tube on the motor then a rod goes in and out on the other side that connects with an arm to the motor to turn it.im looking for diagrams or instructions on how it all work because ours has all seized up.thanks if you can help id really appreciate it.

"Jeremy, the steering cable as

"Jeremy, the steering cable assembly is almost always the culprit.

However, there is no easily serivicable parts that you can get at. If the motor turns freely with the steering arm disconnected you can be assured it's the cable that is to blame.

If that's the case, the entire cable is replaced as a single unit - from the helm all the way back to where it connects to the steering arm.

99% of all steering cables are made by Morse/Teleflex (or just simply Teleflex) or U-Flex - and just about all of them are interchangable as well. You simply remove the old one and take it a dealer. They can hook you up with an exact match. Depending on the length of the cable it could run you anywhere between 100-200 dollars on average...

By the time the cable is seized then it is usually long past the point where any maintenance on your part can get it funtional again."

thanks i had a crack at it and

thanks i had a crack at it and i figured out how too get it all apart it was the pivot tube assembly all seized up. a few good hits with a hammer got it all apart and i cleaned it good. it was all gritty. the rod that slides in the pivot tube was bent too so i straightened it and it works sweet now with plenty of lube.

Back