Logo

35 tohatsu carb flooding

ghayman

"Hello, Question I went to sta

"Hello, Question I went to start my motor this morning and as soon as I opened the fuel cock I noticed fuel coming out of one of the rubber [over flow ?] tubes. I ran motor it seem to run okay for about 2 min then wanted to flood. I have run motor every other weekend either in fresh water river or in a barrel for about 10 min. Run carb out of fuel. Any ideas Thanks"

Dirty carb. No matter what you

Dirty carb. No matter what you do they will still get fouled eventually due to bad luck or time.

"Thanks for your reply, Should

"Thanks for your reply, Should I just take it apart and soak it in claener. And if I do this my self will void the warranty. Thanks"

It won't void the warranty

It won't void the warranty and as long as you are comfortable with doing the work yourself...Go for it.

dont soak it unless is really

dont soak it unless is really nasty i got that carb cleaner you soak and it stinks up the whole shop keep the lid on the bucket and dont use it i prefer spray cleaner i use berkebile instant gum cutter order it by the case ggod stuff get the carb all apart jet and everything need to come spray in all the orifices and fallow with compressed air and for real gummed up one i got specail orthodontist files they use for root canals they get the crap out spray cleaner is quicker and does better but every body has an opinion but all the years i have been doing this i have never had to go back into one

Back