Logo

LM318 Intake Manifold

agitator

Contributing Member
"It looks like I need to repla

"It looks like I need to replace the intake manifold on my 1971 raw water cooled LM318. Have any of you done that, if so, what are your suggestions? I use it in fresh water only so what about the automotive performance aluminum intakes?"

"you can not use a;aluminum in

"you can not use a;aluminum intakes with raw water cooling--they will corrode away very rapidly.

How is the manifold shot? If it's in the thermostat area only, let me know--I have good news for you.

Jeff"

"Jeff,
The water passage at t

"Jeff,
The water passage at the front of the intake -between the intake and head - had major corrision/errosion. I had it milled as much as the shop would mill it. When you lay a straight edge across the area there is still a significant gap.I tried RTV with "once used" gaskets (I didn't have new ones at hand) and am going to replace the gaskets again tomorrow. I have drastically reduced the water leak to a teaspoon or less in an hour so I am pretty certain thats where my leak is."

Fastjeff
Do you know where I

Fastjeff
Do you know where I can buy filters for the BRASS water fuel filters on the aft engine wall on a 1982 AFT CABIN MARINETTE WITH CHY 360S}
THANKS
CHUCK

"Hard to find, but I have a sp

"Hard to find, but I have a spare that I can send you. E-mail me direct with your name and address.

Jeff"

"Billy email me the casting nu

"Billy email me the casting number on your manifold. I have a couple ( Pre loved LOL Used ) manifolds and I also have access to brand new ones, but the new ones are really expensive. [email protected]

Dave"

I have a question in reference

I have a question in reference to the cast marine manifolds.... I have a lm318 in my 79 ski nautique and on my heads in the center where the exhaust crossover is the is an open half moon port and i cant find any manifolds anywhere that has a provision for this port.... So what to do when i got the boat there was already an aftermarket manifold on it and it has always leaked a little water. I am trying to get to the bottom of this once and for all. Also i have a knock noise that increases with Rpm but only when the boat is in the water and under a load dosent do it on the trailer. I look foward to anyhelp i can get thanks

jose

What's your question? Are

What's your question? Are you looking for a marine intake--lots of those out there--or the heat stove that opens the choke? I have a couple of those if you need them.

Jeff

Back