Logo

1989 DT100 coming out of gear

makoralph

"Hi. My motor peiodically soun

"Hi. My motor peiodically sounds like its cavatating, highrevs but not going anywhere- also shifting hard. Any thoughts? Also, can someone tell me how to read the oil level/water pressure warning gauge...I'm new to this motor. I have all green dots lit up- I assume means full oil level, but what do the two red water lights mean? The motor is peeing just fine and not overheating. The light on the right seems to be slightly glowing, one on left goes off."

"Wow, now that you mention it,

"Wow, now that you mention it, I had been having engine troubles this past september and in an effort to get back home had to rev up the motor high and quickly shift it into gear before it died. I just got the motor back from the shop where the carbs were rebuilt. This problem I am referring to just began on my trial run after getting the boat back. What's the best way of checking this out? Can I run the motor in gear with the muffs on?"

I pulled the prop and brought

I pulled the prop and brought it to a shop. The guys said there was nothing wrong with it. I changed the lower unit oil and no metal fillings came out with the old oil. I haven't put the boat back in the water yet to re-test it. Any thoughts?

Back