Logo

130HP ERATIC RPM COMING OUT

396fish

2000 130 hp. Engine rpm start

2000 130 hp. Engine rpm starts coming up then falls off when coming out of hole at wide open throttle. If I ease out of throttle there comes atime when it smooths out & slowly comes on plane. After that runs ok even at WOT. Sounds like fuel starvation. Filters are good except I just found out about a paper filter in a housing that has not been changed. Sound like right track? Somebody mentioned a ?relay? that has given some trouble. Sound familiar to anyone?

"More than likly that filter i

"More than likly that filter is your problem,about $40 or more and make sure you get the O ring for the housing because it is easy to pinch.Just pull the 3 screws and wiggle the cap off,make sure when going back together that the rubber whasher is on the filter and the spring in the housing is set in the recessed hole."

Thank you Ronnie. The relay wa

Thank you Ronnie. The relay was a factory recall I heard. It has been changed on my engine. Does that problem reoccur?

"I have had 2 130s now and bot

"I have had 2 130s now and both had problems with the main relay,if you can get a free one from Honda I would do so."

Found out there was a factory

Found out there was a factory fuel pump change from external to internal pump. This one had been done and filter is on outside. Filter had collapsed. Have not been in water yet but optimistic.

"Most of the time when that ha

"Most of the time when that happens there was water in the system,something else to check out before running it."

Back