Logo

Horizon 74L Hard Starting When Warm

motorhead_pat

I have a 2000 Cruisers 3675 Ex

I have a 2000 Cruisers 3675 Express. The starboard side engine has always been quirkey. I replaced the Idle control valve and it helped on cold starts and idling. It's very hard to start when warmed up. I have to crack the throttle a little for it to start. After it starts it idles fine. I'm thinking it's got to be a sensor of some kind. I don't think the engines get hot enough to vaporlock. The Port engine starts and runs fine. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

""I have to crack the thro

""I have to crack the throttle a little for it to start"

With cold engines off, compare the throttle positions and TPS voltages between them. One TPS may be loose of something interfering with it. Clean the throttle plate and throttle bore of the problem engine with Throttle Body Cleaner and NOT carb cleaner. Spray and wipe the bore and plate w/the cleaner and a paper towel until clean. Also clean the flame arrestors."

"Yes, thank-you! I did all tha

"Yes, thank-you! I did all that when I replaced the Idle Air control valve. The old one was in terrible shape. Let me know if you think of anything else.

Thanks!"

"Pat, It would be wise to chan

"Pat, It would be wise to change out all your Ignition items. Distributor rebuild, new Car/Rotor, Module, and also the Magnetic Pulse Pick Up, etc.. Also, the Ignition most likely has a Relay, (as well as the Fuel Pump). Change them both. They are only $24.00 or so dollars each. Guy Gasper, (not his real name.), helped me with mine recently and it made a world of difference! Al W."

Back