Logo

NS40D acceleration problem 1995

alleycat6

"When I move the throttle leve

"When I move the throttle lever forward, the engine smoothly go to about 2200rpm and when the lever gets about 1/2 way forward, it suddenly surges forward and pins me to my seat??? Otherwise, it seems to run fine. I have had it for a year and only put 2 hours on it and its a very/very low time engine. So far, I have cleaned the carbs, changed the filters and put in a new fuel tank. What do I do???
Thanks,
Mal"

"It did it the very first time

"It did it the very first time I carried it to the lake. Like I said, I have only put 2 hours on it and it probably only has 15 hours on it, total. I am still running an ounce of pre-mix oil to a gallon until I am sure its broken in properly. The surge is very annoying and may be in conjuntion with one of the sensors. The other problem that I am having with it is when I go across a wake, the motor slows to a about 2000rpm and just will not rev back up for 5 to 10 minutes. I have the manual for it and am beginning to get frustrated with the motor. We don't have a certified Nissan mechanic anywhere near here that I know of.
Thanks,
Mal"

"There are two Tohatsu dealers

"There are two Tohatsu dealers within 5 miles of you...But, the dealer you need to take it to is:

Smith's Marine
318-377-5703

He's a 1 1/2 hour drive away, but they know their stuff."

"Thanks, I will give them a sh

"Thanks, I will give them a shout. I thought they were a Yamaha dealer only??? They might be able to figure it out for me.
mal"

Back