Logo

Teleflex SafeT helms

chawk_man

Silver Medal Contributor
Folks - I've got a Telefle

Folks - I've got a Teleflex Safe-T helm but the only identification on it is two stick-on numbers. The first is 05222. The second number is 0509419. It also has the letters CE engraved on it. Can anyone tell me what that is and where I can get the technical info on that model. Can't find anything useful on the Internet.

What are you looking to find o

What are you looking to find out? There are no replacement parts available and they only make one version of this helm.

"Rick - Thanks for your reply.

"Rick - Thanks for your reply. I just want to know what model it is and what characteristics it has. No feedback or not? Number of turns stop-to-stop? For what size boat? etc. Searches on the Internet and even the Teleflexmarine site doesn't come up with a model number 5222. It appears to be new and I'll probably end up selling it, but I need to be able to describe it in detail."

"William,

The link Andrew h

"William,

The link Andrew has provided is the "no-feedback" helm. If what you have looks like that, that's what it is. The standard unit looks slightly different and does not have the no feedback feature. The number of turns is determined by the cable and not the helm and is normally 3 1/2 turns. There are no limits in the helm assy."

Andrew & Rick - Mystery s

Andrew & Rick - Mystery solved! thanks to your posts. The helm is a Teleflex Safe-T QC Replacement Steering Helm Unit - SH5094P. Thank you both for your help.

Back